All About Bird Removal
When it comes to birds, you’re most likely to find starlings, pigeons and sparrows wanting to live in your home. They like to make their nests in places like vents and attic spaces, returning year after year to the same place.
Starlings will also take advantage of gaps in soffits (along your roof line) and make their home there. Pigeon droppings can quickly make a mess on window sills, store front signs and other wall protrusions and if not properly removed, these birds will also return to their favourite nesting sites to raise their young. All bird nests may be infested with mites which could make their way into your living space.
Bird nests can lead to a clogged stove or dryer vents which can be a serious fire hazard.
How to get rid of birds
Knowing how to get rid of birds properly can be a challenge and it is common for home owners to make mistakes when trying to get rid of birds.
Common mistakes home owners make deciding how to get rid of birds humanely:
- Sealing it the entry assuming the bird is not inside. This can lead to the bird(s) dying within home causing a very bad smell.
- Flushing mother bird out and then sealing it up without removing the nest, eggs or babies.
What we do:
- We remove nesting material and eggs or babies if present.
- We permanently seal entry to prevent re-entry. If babies are present we place them in an area where they can continue to be fed by mother bird outside of the home.
- We install materials like bird wire, bird netting and anti-landing tracks on ledges and window sills to prevent pigeons from roosting or other birds from entering the vent or attic space.
Our experience has taught us how to get rid of birds effectively and our work comes with a 5-year guarantee of bird removal.